Open at all times
See the schedule for island hours.
Governors Island offers 7 miles of car free biking! Bring your own bike or rent one from Blazing Saddles near Liggett Terrace or Citi Bike at the ferry landings. Heightened cleaning and safety protocols have been implemented for all rentals.
Three Citi Bike docking stations are located on Governors Island! Use your Citi Bike membership at the docking stations near Soissons Landing, Yankee Pier or Picnic Point.
Blazing Saddles offers bikes, surreys, pedal cars, scooters and more for rental. Free Bike Mornings allow visitors to borrow a bike from Blazing Saddles for free for up to one hour every weekday between 10 AM and noon. Come visit Blazing Saddles at the north end of Colonels Row and bike the Island!
Blazing Saddles’ statement on COVID-19 precautions:
At Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tours, we care about our customers having the best bike ride of their lives almost as much as we care about their health and safety. Read below about the measures we have put in place to keep everyone safe.
- Customers and employees are required to wear a mask at all times while in our service area
- We monitor our service area to ensure that our social distance maximum capacity is maintained
- Hand sanitation stations are set up through the location, and gloves are available upon request
- Before opening and after closing each day, our equipment and counters are sanitized
- Throughout the day counters and cash register areas are thoroughly disinfected after each use
- Bicycles and helmets are disinfected after coming into contact with each customer
- Every employee is trained on sanitizing protocols
- Employees are required to answer questions regarding their health before each shift
- All required postings, including social distancing and COVID symptoms, are on display