Governors Island Egg Hunt
Apr 8, 2023
Parade Ground - Parade Ground - Parade Ground
Join us for the first-ever public egg hunt on Governors Island this spring! 10,000 wooden painted eggs will be hidden throughout the Island’s 120 acres of open space, with Island-specific prizes and giveaways for the most hard-boiled egg hunters.
This new event includes several levels of egg hunts tailored to specific age groups, along with an Island-wide scavenger hunt that everyone can take a crack at. The day-long celebration at the Parade Ground will also include performances from Wonderspark Puppets, Brooklyn Magic Shop, and more to be announced. Spring-themed arts and crafts will be featured all day, and food will be available for purchase onsite from Governors Island vendors along with a beer garden from Governors Island Beer Co. Visitors will also get to enjoy a Spring Bunny photo op and the hijinx of Looney Tooney the Clown.
The Governors Island Egg Hunt is free for all participants…no need to shell out big bucks for a day of eggs-cellent family-friendly free-range fun! Pre-registration is recommended for the kids egg hunts, scroll down to register. No registration necessary for adults.
Events will take place on the Parade Ground unless otherwise noted. All egg hunts are as supplies last.
- 10am-4pm: Registration and giveaways
- 10am-3pm: Island-wide scavenger hunt (all ages)
- 10am-3pm: Bubbles with Looney Tooney the Clown
- 11am-2pm: Meet the Easter Bunny
- 11am-3pm: Arts & Crafts
- 11am & 1pm: Egg Hunt A, Parade Ground (ages 2 – 4)
- 11am & 1pm: Egg Hunt B, Parade Ground (ages 5 – 8)
- 11:30am: Wonderspark Puppets puppet show
- 12pm: Egg Hunt C, Colonels Row (ages 9 – 13)
- 12:15 & 1:45pm: Brooklyn Magic Shop magic show
Presented by the Trust for Governors Island and the Friends of Governors Island
Getting to Parade Ground
See below for past programs and events on Governors Island.