Proposals and Rentals on Governors Island
With a range of public programming in the areas of arts and culture, science and environmental education, and outdoor recreation, there is always something new to discover on Governors Island. Governors Island’s art and culture program offers an incredible opportunity for organizations to expand to new audiences and produce groundbreaking, experimental programming in one of New York City’s fastest growing cultural destinations.
Individuals or organizations planning a program or event that requires reserved space or requires production support must submit a proposal for a Public Program, or apply for a site rental or reservation. Please select a category below to learn more.
Please note - Grill and sports field reservations will open in early 2018. Stay tuned!
- Selection criteria include:
- Fit or alignment with our vision to infuse the Island with dynamic arts and cultural programming, as well as educational opportunities in the arts, sciences and nature
- Applicant’s track-record of producing and organizing other exceptional programs or events
- Emphasis on public participation across diverse audiences
- Engagement with the Island as a site, including its histories, local ecologies, architecture and relationship to New York City
- Feasibility of the program based on the Island’s operational capacities and infrastructure.
Film & Photography
Permits are required for film and photo shoots – GI allows filming with a handheld camera and tripod during the public season/hours without a permit.
Propose a Public Program
Programs that are open to the public, whether free or ticketed, including artwork, installations or exhibitions, performances, concerts, or festivals.