A Unique Development Opportunity
Located in the middle of New York Harbor, Governors Island is an unparalleled development opportunity: a 172-acre island five minutes from Manhattan and Brooklyn by frequent ferry service, with glorious parkland, breathtaking views, flexible, open development sites and historic buildings ready for their next chapter.
For the press release regarding the Governors Island Redevelopment initiative announced in Mayor Bill De Blasio’s State of the City address, please click here. If you would like to be included in the mailing list for this and future RFPs and RFEIs, please send your contact information by clicking here.
Governors Island Offers
Take daily advantage of a vibrant contemporary park
- Unparalleled view of the city from the Hills
- Miles of paths for walking and biking
- Hammocks and sports fields
- Notable public art and cultural programming
Stay connected with frequent ferry service but feel like you are a world apart
- Year round service on two vessels from 6AM to 12PA and expandable to meet tenant needs
- Part of the growing city-wide ferry network
Create a marquee campus
- Diverse and charming historic buildings set in a beautiful landscape
- 33 acres of new development space