A Unique Development Opportunity
Located in the heart of New York Harbor between Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn waterfront, Governors Island is an unparalleled development opportunity offering the advantages of New York City with the feeling of being a world apart. Eight minutes from the energy and excitement of the City, the Island is home to a new world class park, flexible, open development sites and over 50 historic buildings ready for their next chapter.
If you would like to be included in the mailing list for this and future RFPs and RFEIs, please send your contact information by clicking here.
Governors Island Offers
Take daily advantage of a vibrant contemporary park
- Unparalleled view of the city from the Hills
- Miles of paths for walking and biking
- Hammocks and sports fields
- Notable public art and cultural programming
Stay connected with frequent ferry service but feel like you are a world apart
- Year round service
- A frequent and expandable service fit to meet your needs
- A new 400 passenger vessel arrived in June, 2019
- Part of the growing NYC Ferry network, via Wall Street/Pier 11
Join our growing community of tenants and partners
- Diverse and charming historic buildings set in a beautiful landscape
- 33 acres of new development space
Enrich your daily life with views of the statue of liberty, harbor and skyline
A Center for Climate Solutions on Governors Island
In 2020, The Trust for Governors Island announced a bold vision to develop a center for climate solutions. For more information on the plans, please click here.