Governors Island Winter Village
Governors Island - Governors Island - Colonels Row Green
The rink is closed on February 16 & 17 due to weather.
The Governors Island Winter Village in Colonels Row features fun activities and winter vibes for visitors of all ages, including:
- Ice skating rink open Thursday-Sunday & all NYC Department of Education holidays
- Fire pits & lawn games Thursday-Sunday
- Sled and bike rentals from Blazing Saddles daily
- Food from Little Eva’s available daily
- February only: up to 25% off select Governors Island merchandise at the Winter Village information kiosk, open Thursday-Sunday!
Governors Island Winter Village Ice Skating Rink
Thursday: 12 – 5:30pm
Friday: 12 – 5:30pm
The rink is also open February 20 – 24 (Midwinter recess).
Rink admission: $12/person on weekdays, $13/person on weekends
Skate rentals: $9/pair
Reservations are available in 90-minute blocks. Click here to purchase advance rink reservations and skate rentals. Rink admission is free every Thursday!
No prior reservations required for Free Admission Thursdays. A limited number of walk-up reservations will be available Friday-Sunday. Unless otherwise noted, the rink is open rain or shine. Lockers and skate aids are available at the rink on a first come, first served basis.
Interested in renting out the rink for an event or holiday party? Click here for event packages and more information.
Interested in bringing a group to the rink? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on group reservations.
Please note, we are unable to process refunds at this time. Please use the “contact the organizer” function through Eventbrite if you need to rebook for a different date, or for more information on the refund policy.
Governors Island Winter Village Food Vendors
- Little Eva’s, open daily in Colonels Row
- Rotating selection of food trucks, open weekends
Upcoming Events at the Winter Village
- Winter Ice Sculpture Show: February 18
The 2022 Governors Island Winter Village is presented with support from The May and Samuel Rudin Family Foundation.
See below for past programs and events on Governors Island.