You can now reserve an athletic field on Governors Island to host your next sporting event! Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and are booked on a first-come, first served basis. Athletic Fields are available to reserve in 1-hour blocks until October 31st. Adult leagues will be subject to a fee of $50/hour. Fields are available free of charge for all youth/community athletic groups or public schools, and these groups should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
May 1, 2021
October 31, 2021
Check back here for field closures due to weather conditions or field maintenance.
- Select the date you are interested in using the drop-down calendar at the top of the map. If a field is available on that date, a green ' + ' will appear next to the available field. Click the green ' + ' to select the field.
- In the reservation pop-up, click the green 'Book' button. It will automatically adjust to the current time of day. You are able to adjust the times to fit your reservation. Fields are available to reserve in 1-hour increments.
- Enter your email address to begin the confirmation.
- In the booking window, your time, date, and selected field will be entered automatically. Input your First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number.
- You will receive two confirmation emails. The first includes the date, time and location of your booking. The second will provide additional details about your reservation and FAQs.
Have more questions before applying? Read through these FAQs, or check out our Rules and Regulations.
You can cancel or reschedule up to 72 hours (3 days) in advance of your reservation. Fees are non-refundable at this time.
Personal vehicles are not permitted for any reason.
Users are limited to reserving a maximum of 6 hours of field reservations per day. This can be allocated across multiple fields or for a single field for the full day.
No, your reservation is for the specific field within one of the sites (Parade Ground A, B, or C or Play Lawn A or B).