Athletic field reservations are currently closed and will reopen in Spring 2023.
Between April-November, you can reserve an athletic field on Governors Island to host a wide variety of sporting events! Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance and are booked on a first-come, first served basis. Athletic Fields are available to reserve in 1-hour blocks. Adult leagues will be subject to a fee of $50/hour. Fields are available free of charge for all youth/community athletic groups or public schools, and these groups should reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Athletic field capacities are limited to:
- 65 people per Parade Ground athletic field (195 people total for all three fields)
- 75 people per Play Lawn ballfield (150 people total for both fields)
*Please note that groups larger than 200 people should fill out a Private Event permit request.
Back to Dashboard
December 2022 - April 2023
April - November 2023
Check back here for field closures due to weather conditions or field maintenance.
- Select the date you are interested in using the drop-down calendar at the top of the map. If a field is available on that date, a green ' + ' will appear next to the available field. Click the green ' + ' to select the field.
- In the reservation pop-up, click the green 'Book' button. It will automatically adjust to the current time of day. You are able to adjust the times to fit your reservation. Fields are available to reserve in 1-hour increments.
- Enter your email address to begin the confirmation.
- In the booking window, your time, date, and selected field will be entered automatically. Input your First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number.
- You will receive two confirmation emails. The first includes the date, time and location of your booking. The second will provide additional details about your reservation and FAQs.
Have more questions before applying? Read through these FAQs, or check out our Rules and Regulations.
Program and event organizers must pre-register vehicles for ferry access at least 48 hours in advance. There is limited capacity for vehicle access to Governors Island and any vehicles must be transporting materials necessary to the events’ productions. Personal vehicles are not permitted for any reason.
Users are limited to reserving a maximum of 6 hours of field reservations per day. This can be allocated across multiple fields or for a single field for the full day.
No, your reservation is for the specific field within one of the sites (Parade Ground A, B, or C or Play Lawn A or B).