Reserve a Grill
Grill reservations are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations include a charcoal grill (2 feet in diameter) and up to two picnic tables for the entire day. Please note there is a $26 non-refundable fee for each reservation, visitors are responsible for bringing their own grilling supplies (including charcoal, lighter, etc), and grill reservation charges are processed 72 hours (3 days) before the start of your reservation. Cancellations and reschedules cannot be processed after this time.
Back to Dashboard
Starting April 14, 2022
May 1 - November 23, 2022
- Select the date you are interested in using the drop down calendar at the top of the map. If a grill is available on that date, a green ' + ' will appear next to the available grill. Click the green ' + ' to select the grill.
- In the reservation pop-up, click the green 'Book' button. It will automatically fill in times for that day. Grills are reserved for the entire day.
- Enter your email address to begin the confirmation.
- In the booking window, your time, date, and selected grill will be entered automatically. Input your First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number.
- Add your valid credit card details. Please note that you will not be charged at the time of booking. Grill reservation charges are processed 72 hours (3 days) before the start of your reservation. The $26 reservation fee is non-refundable after this time.
- You will receive two confirmation emails. The first includes the date, time and location of your booking. The second will provide additional details about your reservation. Enjoy your reserved grill!
- No vehicles allowed.
- Visitors may not bring alcoholic beverages to the Island.
- Overnight storage is not available.
- Grilling is permitted in the grill area only. Personal grills are not permitted on Governors Island.
- Visitors are responsible for cleaning up all food, drink, decorations, etc. at the end of the reservation. Waste receptacles will be available for use near the site. A cleaning fee will be charged if the site is left untidy.
Have more questions before applying? Read through these FAQs, or check out our Rules and Regulations.
Personal vehicles are not permitted for any reason.
Alcohol is only allowed in designated areas within the GI food court.
Permits are not required for small, informal gatherings that do not require reserved or private space, such as family reunions, picnics, or meet ups that take place when the Island is open to the public. Your group is welcome to come out to the Island during these days, pick a spot and enjoy all that the Island has to offer.